This weekend seems to be the official summer kick off weekend...at least in the Northeast. We have green everywhere, can open our pools, and FINALLY box up our sweaters. This summer we really have no plans and it's brining my soul such a deep since of peace. No camps or lessons, just lazy days in the pool and nights by the fire. We did a fun family bucket list with the girls of things to do around the house or locally and I thought it would be fun to share it with you! The list is simple and short but I really wanted to make our summer as relaxing as possible without the pressure of another to do list staring at me. I think when creating a bucket list you need to really make mental note that its simply suggestions not must do's! I work for home most days with the exception of the 2 days I work at the store, so I get how tiring it is. This list won't drain you but hopefully fill your cup.
1) Backyard Movies. We scored a free projector from a friend a few years ago and we love watching movies on the side of our barn. Projectors can be pricey but worth it if you plan on using it a lot. If not search craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for a used one!
2) Smore cook-off. This family loves a good competition from the biggest member to the smallest. What better competition then one involving food?! Set out a smorgasbord of items and see who can come up with the best one!
3) Water balloon fight. The other day my oldest told me she'd never played with water balloons and it was my biggest mom fail! We are 100% changing that this summer.
4) Plant a flower garden. We always have a big vegetable garden but this year we planted flowers to cut and make fresh bouquets with. If you don't want to spend the money on seeds, search local! I bet a lot of your friends have extra seeds hanging out in their garage.
5) Have a picnic. I just got a cute new picnic basket and my girls love the mystery and excitement of a picnic. This one will be on repeat!
6) Sleep under the stars. Is there anything more peaceful than the sounds of peepers and the dim light of twinkly stars? Thank goodness we have a giant yard for this sleepover.
7) Scavenger hunt. How fun will it be to gather your kids and go on a fun scavenger hunt?! You can find some many great ideas on Pinterest!
8) Science Experiments. My girls LOVE any type of science experiments and it's the easiest way to fill up our afternoon. You can use so many things you already have laying around the house too!
9) Game day. Play all the games you used to play as a kid with your kids! Red Rover, Simon Says, Red Light Green Light, Jail beak...show them how we had fun before ipads and netflix!
10) Go Fishing. Luckily for us we have a pond as out front yard but my girls adore fishing. It really never loses it's charm with them.
There you have it! A simple but fun summer bucket list. I really urge you this summer to make memories not stress. Your kids don't need expensive trips or nonstop schedules in the summer to be happy! They just want you and a few laughs.